2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2008 5:26 AM by (cmaynard)

Render Fails at exactly 10 minutes render time

I've seen this happen before, when Apple released Quicktime 7.3 (I believe). Rendering to a Quicktime format fails after a certain amount of time rendering has elapsed.

It's happening again, but this time, only when rendering to MPG, using the MPG2 DVD preset.

At precisely 10:00 or 9:59 of elapsed render time, the render fails, and the following two error messages are given:

After Effects Error: making file specification - file not found (-43). (3::156)

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin:
      Unable to upload the file. Please check the settings/network bandwidth(errorcode:0). MediaIO2 error: 0xc00b0002 (5027 :: 12)

If I render with Animation codec instead, it's fine.

I'm rendering on an MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.5.5, 3GB RAM, and QT 7.5.5

Anyone else experiencing this?
        • 1. Re: Render Fails at exactly 10 minutes render time
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          I'm using my MBP mostly when I'm on the road, not for the "serious" stuff, so I can't verify, but this sounds nasty. Just to make sure I'd lodge the error via the official bug reporting system:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Maybe some other users can confirm. In the meantime you may wish to try and save the file to another drive or attempt the usual "fixes" like excluding the save folder from Spotlight search and Time Capsule (if you use it)...

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Render Fails at exactly 10 minutes render time
            Level 1
            Upon closer inspection, it seems the FTP option was checked off in the format options, with no server listed. That may account for the first error message (not sure why that didn't fail as soon as I hit the render button though). I still got that second error message, but this time it was after the spot completed rendering and the file was intact and usable.

I will attempt it with a few different projects and see if I can duplicate the results.

Thanks Mylenium