3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 9:47 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

Looping bubbles so it loops forever - Particle system

Level 1
      Hi guys,

Is it possible to loop bubbles, using the foam particle ? I want a glass of champagne and want the bubbles to loop, and never stop.

Let's say you want to loop this over and over, so it seems seemless ?

I don't see a way to accomplish this, as the bubbles are never the same on any frame. If you just cut out a portion of a rendered video, you will see it has been snipped. The bubbles will never match up.

How would one go about this ?

Thanks for any information,

Dave.

P.S. - there are so many AE forums, which one is the best to post in ? - where the most chat is going on ? It may be where I posted, but I'm not sure.
        • 1. Re: Looping bubbles so it loops forever - Particle system
          Level 1
          David_Zeno@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > Hi guys,
          >
          > Is it possible to loop bubbles, using the foam particle ? I want a glass of champagne and want the bubbles to loop, and never stop.
          >
          > Let's say you want to loop this over and over, so it seems seemless ?
          >
          > I don't see a way to accomplish this, as the bubbles are never the same on any frame. If you just cut out a portion of a rendered video, you will see it has been snipped. The bubbles will never match up.
          >
          > How would one go about this ?
          >
          > Thanks for any information,
          >
          > Dave.
          >
          > P.S. - there are so many AE forums, which one is the best to post in ? - where the most chat is going on ? It may be where I posted, but I'm not sure.

I have not watched the podcast, but the title sounds promising.

http://cowcast.creativecow.net/podcast/creating-a-looping-particle-system--250
          • 2. Re: Looping bubbles so it loops forever - Particle system
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            >I don't see a way to accomplish this, as the bubbles are never the
            >same on any frame. If you just cut out a portion of a rendered video, >you will see it has been snipped. The bubbles will never match up.

That will be your biggest problem in any particle system and it isn't really avoidable, even if you control the emission rate as done in the podcast. It is however a good place to start. The best solution I can think of would be using a static particle field system such as Trapcode Form - since the particles never really move, but are merely modulated using various methods, you can assure matching animation by looping the driving forces/ parameter maps.

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: Looping bubbles so it loops forever - Particle system
              bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
              Sorry to be butting in without any valuable contribution but l-o-n-g time ago, when Final Effects's particle system was new, Brian Maffit explained how to use the Random Seed settings to create seamless lopping.
              the other major trick is to have the loop clip end one frame before the loop slip starts so there are no duplicate frames at the crossover.

bogiesan