4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2008 6:12 AM by (jonidle18)

Exporting to Premiere

Hi guys,
      Hopefully this is an easy problem as it's my first time exporting from After Effects (CS3) to Premiere (CS3). I keep getting a 'load project' box and it tells me that all my filters are missing; keylight, hue and saturation, choker, fill etc. and the project doesn't open then.
      Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help. Forums rule!
        • 1. Re: Exporting to Premiere
          Level 1
          jonidle18@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > Hi guys,
          > Hopefully this is an easy problem as it's my first time exporting from After Effects (CS3) to Premiere (CS3). I keep getting a 'load project' box and it tells me that all my filters are missing; keylight, hue and saturation, choker, fill etc. and the project doesn't open then.
          > Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help. Forums rule!

How are you getting it to Premiere? You should be able to use any AE
          Composition in Premiere (CS3 and higher) through Dynamic Link.
          • 2. Re: Exporting to Premiere
            Level 1
            Hi mate. Literally saving exporting my comp in AE to Premiere Pro. Nothing happens automatically, I open Premiere from my applications and import the project. I've always used final cut so this may be why I sound a bit slow.
            Thanks for helping me out.
            • 3. Re: Exporting to Premiere
              Level 1
              jonidle18@adobeforums.com wrote:
              > Hi mate. Literally saving exporting my comp in AE to Premiere Pro. Nothing happens automatically, I open Premiere from my applications and import the project. I've always used final cut so this may be why I sound a bit slow.
              > Thanks for helping me out.

From Livedocs CS3

If you do File, Export, Adobe Premiere Pro Project, Live Docs says
              Premiere will use the settings from the FIRST composition in the AE
              Project for all subsequent sequences.

If using Dynamic Link, from Premiere, choose File - Adobe Dynamic Link -
              Import After Effects Composition. Choose the appropriate AEP file and
              then choose one more more compositions.
              OR
              Drag an AE Comp to the Premiere Project Panel
              OR
              File - Import, choose AE Project, click Open and follow any dialog prompts
              OR
              Drage a whole AE proj file to the Premiere Project panel and follow any
              dialog prompts.

Nice thing about Dynamic Links is if you want something changed in the
              AE Comp, you simply change it in AE and any change will ripple right
              through to Premiere. In CS3 you can only go AE to Premiere, but starting
              in CS4 I understand you can go both ways and take a bit of Premiere
              footage or even just a range of that footage, and shuffle it off to AE
              without the intermediate render step.
              • 4. Re: Exporting to Premiere
                Level 1
                Thanks so much for your detailed response. Seem to have it sorted now, thanks again. If you ever need any advice I'm really good at cooking curry, so if you need any curry related questions...I'm your man.