3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2009 8:12 AM by Todd_Kopriva

HELP! CS4 After Effects on Windows XP: Error Parsing Properties List

I was just fine working with texts with CS4 AE 9.0 on my Sony Vaio PC with Windows XP OS (Powerpack 3, 2 GB RAM). Then I imported some footage and CRASH! Now I cannot open the program. The message:

ERROR PARSING PROPERTIES LIST (or sometimes: REFER TO ADOBE.COM/PRODUCTS/SUPPORT/etc. OR CALL ADOBE SUPPORT Error 0 : : 42)

I called tech support, they said they couldn't help me and just passed me a document number which gives me a whole bunch of things I must do. I tried them but because the doc is for fixing AE 8.0, some things are different.

I went on the web to look for an answer. What I could find was the recommendation to go into the C\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Adobe\After Effects, but this folder does not exist in my documents and settings. Another recommendation was to go into C\Documents and Settings\user/Application Data\Adobe\After Effects, but this folder doesn't appear in my documents and settings folder anywhere, under any of the users. I uninstalled AE and then reinstalled. Still no go!

What do you recommend I do?