3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2009 7:57 AM by heybobbo

batch import MXF files

heybobbo
      Is there a way to batch import MXF files from a hard drive into AE?

The hard drive has about 100 folders - and inside each is a CONTENT folder, inside of which is a VIDEO folder that contains a single MXF file.

So do I need to navigate into each MXF file one at a time? Seems like there must be an easier way!!!
        • 1. Re: batch import MXF files
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          You could try the Smart Import script that comes with AE. It may need some minor adjustments for your purposes, but should provide a way around the matter. You could also try to drag&drop import all folders at once and see, if AE makes any sense of it....

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: batch import MXF files
            heybobbo Level 1
            Can you tell me more about this Smart Import Script? I can't find anything online - or even in Adobe help - that mentions it....
            • 3. Re: batch import MXF files
              heybobbo Level 1
              I found File>Scripts>smartImport, but it didn't do what I wanted - and I'm not sure how to edit it.

But then I opened Adobe Bridge. I did a FIND in the folder that contains all my P2 CONTENT folders, and chose "filename contains .mxf" + "filesize is larger than 30,000 KB" (to eliminate the smaller mxf files, which would probably be the separate audio files), and it found 79 files from the 80 folders!

then I selected all, chose file>place>in after effects, and it loaded them into AE!!

I just had to go back and find out which folder the missing file was in by matching numbers. it was a 10MB video clip, which is probably nothing I need anyway...