This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Are you using motion blur? OpenGL rendering? Could be any of those. If you don't use the same options when previewing the comp, naturally it will look different. And look for nested comps that may not inherit full resolution from the parent comp (if you turned off the respective option in the prefs).
Sounds like you are just seeing the interlacing.
- Jonas Hummelstrand
^ I agree with Jonas. Does it look wrong when viewed on a true interlaced monitor?
Thank you so much four reply, I tried with OpenGL rendering on and off but the problem is still there
and I watched it on interlaced monitor, it looked little better but not perfect. But I realy think that the problem is in my work flow so I made this smaller and much simpler project where I get the same kind of defect and maybe you could tell me where I made mistake??
-open new project make new comp(dv pal sqere picsel) and make one text leyer(I wrote "test" with big futura bold font, white font against black bg).
then animate text, I applied expresion to rotation time*120. Add to render queue and go to render settings and set field render to upper field first
quality best resolution full ofcourse, and in otput module chouse TIff sequence and render it.
Then I imported renderd tiffs,interpreted them as upper field first and edges of the text look like they lost a half of resolution horisontaly.
..ok, if its my monitor than i shuld be able to deinterlace that and see a normal picture right??
Add that new comp to render queue and export with same settings just change upper fild to no field. and again i get the same problem vith edges.
obviesly i make some mistake in that proces but if that same proces works great with captured interlaced futage why do I get this problems with grphics made in after efeects and how do you combine those two(interlaced fotage and AE graphics) and export them as same interlaced footage??
Is that the right way of interlacing the graphics made in after efeects??
and Thank you once again, I will appreciate any thoughts and help on the subject.
Can you upload one of the problem frames and post a link so we can view it?
These pictures are from simplified project above.
upper filed first
upper filed first and (interpretated) deinterlaced
Yes, the images are perfectly normal - nothing is wrong. That's what interlaced graphics look like when both fields are visible.
If displayed correctly on a true interlaced monitor, the motion should essentially be smooth and clean. If that is not the case, I'd suggest there may be some configuration issue with how the material is being displayed. What hardware are you using to view your interlaced material?
The proposed workflow - creating an interlaced master for transfer to film - seems strange to me. Personally, I'd be creating a non-interlaced master for anything going to film. Perhaps you should question the workflow also.
if you work with interlaced footage and graphics in AE you FIRST have to interpret your (video)footage >> right click your clip in the project browser >> "interpret footage" set fields to "none".
Send your work to render queue (NOT EXPORTING) and set field rendering in the render settings >> "field render" to upper field and start render.
now your video footage and your graphics should be rendered correctly.
If you preview the final render at your computer, fields will be visible but not - as already mentioned - on a interlace Class A monitor or TV.
later on, deinterlacing is not your part.