2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 4:57 AM by teetime17

customer service

yes, I made a mistake when ordering a product trying to get the "save $200"...all I wanted to do was do an exchange of the suite I bought...they are the same price!!! But, no, they cannot do an exchange, only a refund, which I will receive in 4-6 weeks...after the "save $200" is done?

Adobe customer service used to be pretty good...what happened?!? I have never had an issue with them, they used to bend over backwards to help out...now...ugh...

Is there any moderator on that can tell me where to turn? I would like to upgrade to CS4...
        • 1. Re: customer service
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Sorry to hear. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone could do. Even the developers and documentation people that pop in here every now and then have no direct relation. Sales is an entirely different department. If it's really that important to you, you will have to stretch your credit card and buy the replacement, then compensate the debt with the refunds. I know it sucks, but it's the way it has to be. At best, you could probably do the order by phone, mentioning your other case and they may have a way to flag things and speed up processing, but I don#t think there's anything in it beyond that...

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: customer service
            teetime17 Level 1
            chaletart, I had nearly the same experience except in my case my online order got flagged as "download media" and I wanted "box set". I called customer support to get them to change the order. CS told me there was no way to change the order, I would have to cancel the order, and place a new one. And I was told it would take up to two credit card billing cycles for my refund to show. During the course of this I talked with 3 or 4 different people at customer services and found them to be generally not very interested in providing customer service.

I ended up cancelling the order, and reordering instead from Videoguys. Their price was actually a little cheaper than Adobe's discounted price, and my experience with them has always been good.

To Adobe's credit, I did get the refund back on the card in about two weeks, not the two billing cycles previously "promised".

Jerry