1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 8:36 PM by Andrew Yoole

Extract a piece of the work area (keyframes included)

Generaltwig
      Hello,
      I'm guessing this is a simple procedure, but i've always had to do a long winded manual work around, so please help:
      How do you remove a section/piece of the composition (in the time line)... like an 'extract' command in premiere? I want to cut out a section, including all layers and keyframes if possible...
      a similar problem, is when i want to retime, say speed up a finished project in specific places, do i have to manually move all the keyframes to change animation speeds, or is there like a 'ripple delete' function.
      thanks for your help.

nick
        • 1. Re: Extract a piece of the work area (keyframes included)
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          Under the Edit menu there are two options:

Extract Work Area: Removes everything within the current Work Area, then slips all subsequent material down the timeline to fill the resulting space - a ripple edit, if you prefer.

Lift Work Area: Removes everything within the current Work Area, but does not move any other content - you end up with blank composition where the Work Area is defines.

Note that both these options split layers where they cross the Work Area, so you'll potentially end up with twice as many layers as you started with.