4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 10:57 AM by LVChris

Shuffling Bricks Effect

LVChris Level 1
      So I am trying to create an effect where my logo breaks into bricks (3-D ish) that shuffle around (ala Harry Potter's entrance to Diagon Alley) and come back together to reform the logo. Or at least something close. (something that looks something like this...
      http://blog.ounodesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/anagram.gif)
      At first I thought Shatter, tried in vain, then I thought Card Dance, again no luck, suddenly EchoSpace! Nope, that's not going to work either....back to shatter....and I got close.

By using a custom shatter map the shape of the logo, and a texture on the sides of the bricks (I want the inner edges to be gold)I managed to get something like the effect I was looking for. Problem is I have no control over it...I need it to break apart, the bricks to rotate and move, then reassemble. The reassemble is the tricky part. I tried reversing the comp and suddenly shatter gets crazy... even with a time-remap shatter goes nuts. Now I know I can pre-render the footage and do it, but I am just curious as to why the reverse or time re-map doesn't work. Any ideas?

Also I am open to anyone else's take on how this effect could be accomplished.

TIA,

Chris N