5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 11:28 PM by Mylenium

Tracker problems

Hi all, I'm having problems applying tracking data to a clip of footage in my project.
      I have a sequence that has been imported from premiere and effects have been applied on top.
      Anyway, I double click the sequence (to get to the original .mov file) I click track motion and select the source in the drop down list, and the footage shows up with the 'tracking box'. But as soon as I select the area to track, it switches back to the 'track' tab, with the 'track motion' 'stabilize motion' and 'motion source' (set to none) highlighted.
      I dont understand what I am doing wrong, especially as I have used tracking data many times before without anything like this going wrong.

Any help would be appreciated, probabaly a really obvious answer!

Thanks

Arvind!
        • 1. Re: Tracker problems
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          What version of AE and what kind of footage (resolution, fields etc.)? Could it be, that after you open the layer viewer and load the footage you simply end up in a area into which the source snippet you try to work on doesn't extend temporally? So basically it is there, just at a different time?

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Tracker problems
            Level 1
            Thanks for the reply mylenium....its version cs4, its hdvcpro footage
            I've actually tracked ot before, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working now!
            I didn't want to apply the tracker to the 'sequence' layer at the bottom of the pile (which has all the fotage in it from premiere), so I scrub to the part in the timeline and double click so that it opens that particular .mov in another tab.
            I try applying the tracker here, and thats where the problem arises!
            Everytime I select the .mov in the drop down list in the tracker source options and select the area I need tracking it just jumos back to the tracker tab and nothing has changed and the rest of the tracker options (like 'target', 'apply' 'options' etc) are all de-highlighted!
            Really weird! :-(
            • 3. Re: Tracker problems
              I still don't fully understand you, but to me it seems that you are trying to track a footage item that is not actually part of the layer the tracker is applied to? That's not going to work and never has. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Mylenium
              • 4. Re: Tracker problems
                Level 1
                Well this is very strange mylenium.
                I clicked on window and changed the workspace to tracker and evrything worked.
                Changed the workspace back and carried on working.
                So it seems to be sorted but sounds like a bug to me!
                Anyways thanks for the help mylenium!

Arvind!
                • 5. Re: Tracker problems
                  Ah, I see. Odd indeed. Please be so kind and report it, just to make sure.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Mylenium