3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 2:11 PM by (Sambo)

Optimizing AE

Level 1
      I have a core 2 quad PC, with 4 GB of RAM (using the 4GB switch), (2) 500GB
      HD's, and a 512 MB Nvidea 9600 video card, running XP pro SP3.

I'm running After Effects CS3
      What preference setting would you recommend to get the best performance from
      this PC?
      All suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff
        • 1. Re: Optimizing AE
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee
          Just enable the "Render Multiple Frames Simultanoeusly" checkbox in Prefereces > Multiprocessing.
          Since you have the adequate amount of RAM for that feature to work properly, you don't really need to adjust anything else.
          • 2. Re: Optimizing AE
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            Well, beside what Adolfo said, you cannot really "optimize" anything on your system. 32bit operating systems only allow to use so much RAM and have limited multi processor/ multi core abilities to begin with. For simple stuff, using multiprocessing render may work, but for heavy renders with lots of effects I would leave AE in conventional mode to avoid memory errors.

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: Optimizing AE
              Level 1
              OK thank you.<br /><br />Jeff<br /><br /><br /><Mylenium@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b8718f.1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Well, beside what Adolfo said, you cannot really "optimize" anything on <br />> your system. 32bit operating systems only allow to use so much RAM and <br />> have limited multi processor/ multi core abilities to begin with. For <br />> simple stuff, using multiprocessing render may work, but for heavy renders <br />> with lots of effects I would leave AE in conventional mode to avoid memory <br />> errors.<br />><br />> Mylenium