3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 10:53 PM by Mylenium

Frequent crashes with CS4

David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
      I'm getting frequent crashes with CS4 - SpinWheel of death/Not Responding.

Ram Preview a section: it gets to a point and then freezes. "Retrieving Frame is mentioned in Info". I work off our server, and I'm on Vista32 - 4gig ram. quad cpu.

CPU usage says 2%. Phys Mem - 70%. I must End Task to restart, and then hope my autosave isn't that old....

Any ideas? Anyone else experience similar crashes?

-Dave
        • 1. Re: Frequent crashes with CS4
          craulmedia Level 1
          help yourself by reading
          http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2008/12/after_effects_and_the_adobe_cr.html

if it does not help, try using another compositing software like C, F, F, I or even S, or...
          try the demo first.
          • 2. Re: Frequent crashes with CS4
            David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
            But what if the program just hangs and doesn't invoke the Crash Reporter....

And what are the other compositing software you're pushin on me?
            • 3. Re: Frequent crashes with CS4
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Not sure, but if the crashes are frequent and always appear under the same conditions, I tend to think they have a verifiable source. Since you work off the server, most likely you are encountering network timeouts or interruptions during connection negotiation. Depends on how your network is configured. Usually Windows doesn't do this too often (basically just when it establishes the connection the first time), but something may be triggering these refreshes. I would enable extended logging for events and see, if something can be made out. If you have an IT admin guy somewhere near you, have him look into the matter. also look into the usual: permissions, synced/ identical user profiles on the local machine and the server, quota etc..

Mylenium