5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2008 1:28 AM by Mylenium

Render Issues

Ferguda123
      I'm sorry if this problem has already been discussed ..I haven't been able to find it.

When rendering final project in AE I receive these 3 messages...

1. Could not render 1920x1080 (7:39)
      2. Bad parameter passed to effect callback (37:13)
      3. After Effects error: effects modules should only dispose worlds they have allocated (37:3)

Render settings:
      Max mem usage - 120% - 3gb
      MaxR RAM cache - 40% - 1.2
      Enable disk cache - Yes
      Max disk cache - 8000 mb

These errors have occured on the past two unrelated projects I have worked on and won't go away after computer shutdown/restart. My work around so far is to render in chunks and combine but I don't think I should have render out 4 sections in a 15 second spot. My effects are not terribly intensive.

Note - The computer is a MacPro and I don't see any applications or extra programs running in the background.

Any suggestions? I'm stumped and frustrated. ;(

System:
      Afer Effects 7
      Mac Pro
      OSX
      Dualcore Intel Xeon - 3Ghz
      16GB <---Overkill? Oh well..I didn't buy it.
      Nvideo Quatro FX4500
        • 1. Re: Render Issues
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          >2. Bad parameter passed to effect callback (37:13)
          >3. After Effects error: effects modules should only dispose worlds they
          >have allocated (37:3)

What third-party plugins are you using? The above two codes clearly indicate that there is a buffer tracking issue somewhere, most likely in an outdated version of a plugin. Also, if you are rendering in 32bpc or 16bpc, try to switch back to 8bpc and see if it makes the problem go away.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Render Issues
            Ferguda123 Level 1
            One project uses Zaxwerks, the other uses Cycores CCglass. Project seems to render out glass section fine but hangs soon after on the footage that had a simple motion stabilization keyframe effect. I will check both zaxwerks and cycore for updated versions. Thanks for the suggestions. And no ...not rendering 32/16bpc.
            • 3. Re: Render Issues
              Mmh, yes, both could be a problem as they get very memory hungry at those resolutions... Let us know what came of it.

Mylenium
              • 4. Re: Render Issues
                Ferguda123 Level 1
                Haven't found a good answer to my problem.. Same error occured on the latest project. Also had cycores cylinder plugin involved. Will have to piece it together as usual. Frustrating for only an 8 second clip.
                • 5. Re: Render Issues
                  Strange. By all rights - you have a montser of a system that should be able to handle this, even if AE will only run "Rosettalized". If the problems don't go away, it would be wise to at least download the AE CS3 trial and re-render the offensive projects just for testing. If this goes better, then "the one who bought it" should be pesetered for coughing up a few more bucks... ;-)

Mylenium