1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2008 10:56 AM by Mylenium

Render Engines output location

Good afternoon.

This is a really simple question but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I have After Effect Render Engines running on 3 Apple Xserves that use the Watch Folder option. When I drop a job in the shared folder one of the servers picks it up and renders the job all OK. However it saves the finished movie file to the server's desktop. Is there anyway I can choose the path it outputs files too.

Also is it right that only one server takes on the job. Is there any way the job can be split between all three servers?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Render Engines output location
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          >Also is it right that only one server takes on the job. Is there any
          >way the job can be split between all three servers?

No, impossible on any operating system - multiple programs/ machines writing to the same file simply does not work, even more so since you are rendering to a movie file. Imagine the mess, if one of them rendered the last frame before the others have finished their inbetween stuff and each of them would wildly re-arrange the frame order... ;-). The default output path for AErender can be configured in its panel. It should, however, respect any paths set in the project file when configuring the render queue. in your case probably it simply doesn't work 'cos your shared paths are not correctly mapped to the local directories of the servers.

Mylenium