2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2008 12:52 PM by Nancy Gill

SoundEffects don't work in AE CS3 ..

Nancy Gill Level 1
      I am new to AfterEffects and I have gone through the tutorials included with
      the Master Collection .. but I have some issues where things don't work.

Key among these is sound effects. I can't preview them in Bridge .. I just
      get broken images. It's not Bridge as I can preview other sound files in
      Bridge just fine. But the Sound Effects included in the Presets of AE don't
      appear to be valid files.

Is this a known issue or am I going to have to reinstall something?

Thanks!
      Nancy
        • 1. Re: SoundEffects don't work in AE CS3 ..
          Level 1
          Weird, I've never even noticed those. They aren't really sound effects in the traditional sense, meaning they are not sound clips per se. They are actually using AE's Tone effect, which is a tone generator, able to produces tones at various pitches and rhythms. Since it is an effect, and Adobe didn't bother to post samples like they did for the visual effects, you'll need to drop the desired preset on a solid with in AE to preview it.

These presets are pretty limited/specific, but could certainly be helpful for a number of things.
          • 2. Re: SoundEffects don't work in AE CS3 ..
            Nancy Gill Level 1
            ah .. thanks, Steven .. I'll give that a try.<br /><br />Much appreciated!<br />Nancy<br /><br /><Steven_Mullins@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c063fbb.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Weird, I've never even noticed those. They aren't really sound effects in <br />> the traditional sense, meaning they are not sound clips per se. They are <br />> actually using AE's Tone effect, which is a tone generator, able to <br />> produces tones at various pitches and rhythms. Since it is an effect, and <br />> Adobe didn't bother to post samples like they did for the visual effects, <br />> you'll need to drop the desired preset on a solid with in AE to preview <br />> it.<br />><br />> These presets are pretty limited/specific, but could certainly be helpful <br />> for a number of things.