4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2008 12:06 AM by (HLupton)

After Effects 7 refuses to import transitions made in Premiere Pro 2

Level 1
      Hello,

I want to import the timeline I created in Premiere into After Effects for Rendering (the renders always turn out clearer while Premiere makes them blocky and the text unreadable, and the text was part of the Raw video). but After Effects won't import some of the transitions I put in (eg; tumble away) but they import other transitions like crossfade just fine, what can I do to fix this? Or to get premiere to export nice and clear like After Effects does?

Thank you
        • 1. Re: After Effects 7 refuses to import transitions made in Premiere Pro 2
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          >but After Effects won't import some of the transitions I put in (eg;
          >tumble away) but they import other transitions like crossfade just
          >fine, what can I do to fix this?

Nothing. Some Premiere effects simply have no equivalent in AE and thus cannot be "translated". Which effects get imported/ exported is certainly clearly spelled out in the manual and I'm sure it says something like "only dissolves and dip to color....". As for your export issue - please let us know to what format you are actually try to export. There's just too many variables to this game. From what it sounds like, my initial guess would be that you are not using correct field settings, but could of course be other things as well.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: After Effects 7 refuses to import transitions made in Premiere Pro 2
            Level 1
            Well, what I tried to do was export it at Microsoft AVI or Uncompressed AVI with no compressor, 720x480 (Not the raw video's original size, but that never seemed to be a problem in After Effects) D1/DV Widescreen 16:9 for pixel Aspect Ratio, Colour Depth: millions of colours, Lower Field first for field setting, and the bit depth is the same as the project, which I would say is Default since I don't believe I changed it, deinterlacing is checked 'off'

Hlupton
            • 3. Re: After Effects 7 refuses to import transitions made in Premiere Pro 2
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Mmh, looking at the theoretical specs this should work, but if the original footage is not to that size, Premiere might do something to it, regardless. It derives all it's magic from a combination of the actual project settings, the footage interpretation and the export settings, so something still might be up. Unfortunately I don't know Premiere well enough (it's merely a capture tool for me) to give more concrete advise...

Mylenium
              • 4. Re: After Effects 7 refuses to import transitions made in Premiere Pro 2
                Level 1
                Actually after your advice, I figured out the answer, in this case it was to turn off frame blending on the video in the timeline(right click select frame blending)

Many thanks for your help and time