This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Well, not an XSI guy myself, but using other 3D programs regularly, allow me to present my thoughts. I would look into the following things:
- Is the camera at the root level of the scene?
- If it's inside a hierarchy, is there a way to bake/ convert its motion to world coordinates?
- Baking may also be required if it is targeted or has any additional animation controllers/ custom attributes.
- Do the channels required for baking neeed to be added to a special channel set/ selection set/ parameter group?
- Is it perhaps a special camera type whose parameters cannot be properly translated simply 'cos there is no equivalent in AE?
Beyond that I'm only aware of some set of VBScripts/ AE Scripts that I have seen float around somewhere on AEnhancers.com. Maybe you can dig them out and get some help from the original author...
- Jonas Hummelstrand
Ya, we looked at that a few days ago. Like many of the people on the related forums, we couldn't get it to work either.
We ultimately had success using .xml files. In fact, it even transferred the 3D model into AE7 as well (cleverly constructed out of several Solids, arranged in 3D space to form an actual 3D object). That was an unexpected surprise!