3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2008 2:52 PM by (Ramón_López)

How to use the 3D Fog Effect

...Hello again! It seemed easy, but In a composition with a Camera I have tried to apply the "3D Fog" * effect in several ways, that is, in Adjustment Layers in different timeline positions and depth, in each 3D layer separated in Z depth it selfs, and all that playing with all the parameters too getting no results and any change over that layers, so... or I'm missundertanding something or maybe this kind of effects requires something more... Well, the case is I've been looking for info but the manual only explains the parameters and not how to apply it... I've searching into the forum and I've make some Google searchs with millions of results but no consistent solutions until now... any help?

* http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WS3878526689cb91655866 c1103a9d3c597-7bd4.html
        • 1. Re: How to use the 3D Fog Effect
          Level 1
          Oh, I think I have found something ot there, sorry if I was a little impatient...

"3d fog only works with 2 different 3d image types and does not work with a AE 3d scene."

And one of that 3d images is "RPF" or something like that, a file that contains some 3D or depth info as far as I can imagine... So... really there is no effect like this to simulate fog quickly & easily into a simple 3D After Effects composition? Cause it'd be very usefull... of course I can imagine several ways to "fake" it, but a simple effect for each 3D layer it'd be great to avoid complications... Well, anyway any imput or advice it'll be very welcomed, CHEERS!
          • 2. Re: How to use the 3D Fog Effect
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            >So... really there is no effect like this to simulate fog quickly & >easily into a simple 3D After Effects composition?

Buena Depth Cue would be the plugin suite to buy for this purpose. AE does not have such functions natively.

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: How to use the 3D Fog Effect
              Level 1
              ...Ey! Thank you for the info, I'm going to looking more in that way GREETINGS!