3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 3:51 AM by (Steve_Watson)

AE 6.5 & Vista

Does any one know if you can run AE v6.5 on vista, as I 've just bought Dell 1520 due core 2gbram laptop.
      Thanks
      Steve
      I
        • 1. Re: AE 6.5 & Vista
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Nobody can answer that question for you, you will have to try yourself. Obviously it is possible by installing it on a different machine, then copying the installed stuff to the machine. As reported by users, a direct install will not work in many cases due to the installer not launching at all or stopping halfway through because of the specifics of Vista, but of course feel free to try. The same applies to actually running the app, which is also a matter of having a handle on some settings. Beyond that you have to realize that all this is highly experimental and you will have no official support from anywhere. The fact stands: CS3 is the only version officially tested and certified to run under Vista.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: AE 6.5 & Vista
            David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
            It was mentioned on here that there were lots of crashes when trying to import items, with v7. I'm sure it's even worse in 6.5.. You should upgrade to CS3 - lots of nice new features (I also upgraded from 6.5 and skipped 7)
            • 3. Re: AE 6.5 & Vista
              Level 1
              Thanks Guys..much appreciated...Good advise
              Cheers
              Steve