3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 8:35 AM by Mylenium

Error with After FX 7.0 Pro on my new computer

I've had After FX 7.0 for about a year now and I finally upgraded to a new Computer. I went from XP to Vista. I installed AE 7 on my new computer and everything went fine until I launched it.

When the Tip of the Day window pops up at the beginning, there is no text in the box. I can see the box on the bottom where you would click "OK" or "Show Next Tip". The box is there, but no text. Many other boxes, when trying to open new layers show empty text boxes. When I start to use AE, if I attempt to make a new comp, an error box comes up with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and the error box contains this.
      "Buffer overrun detected! Program: ..After Effects 7.0\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
      A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

When I click OK, it closes AE. I have never had any problems previously with AE when running XP but now, I can't use it. I've tried reinstalling AE, but the same error pops up.

In case it helps, I run Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. 3 gig Ram 256 mb video, 2.4 ghz quad core processor.

How can I fix this. I've looked throughout Adobe's website and on the Forums, but I can't find anything similar. I'm fine with using AE 7.0 right now because I'm not anxious to shell out more money for an upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated!