3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 1:13 AM by Mylenium

Annoying Lag on Timeline Scrubbing

Hi all,

I'm on Dual Quad core "Mac"Pro with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT running OS X 10.5.2. I recently upgraded my machine from a 2xDual core with OS X 10.4.11, same RAM, XT1900 graphics card.

Scrubbing in the Timeline even with only 4 layers is so laggy it's driving me crazy, what can it be causing it? I'm using the fastest Apple machine there is in the market...

Thanks!

M.
        • 1. Re: Annoying Lag on Timeline Scrubbing
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Well, it's the card. ;-) No, in all seriousness, we have multiple threads on this open for PCs and Macs and nobody, really nobody knows the cause as of yet. For a majority of users the card works just fine, but there seem to be some combinations of hardware and configuration that prevent running this successfully. If it's not too much trouble (yes, I know this sounds silly - reinstalls are always trouble), you could attempt to reinstall the operating system from the original DVDs. as a minor, I would open up the box and see if the card is plugged in firmly enough. Perhaps it's just a tad loose and thus reacts strange. The same for the associated cooling. Beyond that - file an official support case via phone. We have tried to resolve these mysteries without much success here on the forums and my telepathic powers run out. So far I couldn't convince people to send me their machines for some hands-on research. ;-)

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Annoying Lag on Timeline Scrubbing
            Level 1
            Haha, thanks Mylenium! Will try all that.
            BTW, do you have a sister that looks like Scarlett Johansson to send in exchange while you research on my machine? I have to do something with my free time! :D
            • 3. Re: Annoying Lag on Timeline Scrubbing
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Nope. All I could offer is my brother. He's a painterman and could beautify your house, if that's an option ;-)

Mylenium