5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2008 8:56 AM by Mylenium

Custom view and active camera

i am having a block with this...
      How can you make what you have set up in 3D to happen in the comp using your custom view actually happen in the active camera view??
        • 1. Re: Custom view and active camera
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
          You have to put the camera in the same position. Yes, it's tedious. But the manual is clear, the custom views and ortho views can be previewed but they cannot be rendered.

Sorry, I cannot recall where I saw it but somewhere on the Internet is a free set of Camera Presets that mimic the custom views.

bogiesan
          • 2. Re: Custom view and active camera
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            If it's not possible to get what you want by moving the cam in the same place as the custom view, you can also try using a screen capture software during RAM previews... There's just no guarantee for framerates and such.

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: Custom view and active camera
              Level 1
              Thanks for that -

The camera in the same position - Is this done with a null object or is it done with copying key frames or neither!!

Many thanks
              • 4. Re: Custom view and active camera
                bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
                > The camera in the same position

I do not know. You just start experimenting. But check the online help system first, look for everything you can find on the ortho views and custom views. The immediate issue with trying to position the camera manually is mimicking the lens and zoom parameters. The custom views do not have any lens characteristics.

Looking at the fist custom view, it look like a simple 45 degrees out and 45 degrees up. Those are going to be geometric calculations, easily performed based on pixels. You could us e a null object in the center of your comp and use it as the Point of Interest for you camera.

bogiesan
                • 5. Re: Custom view and active camera
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                  You need to match the stuff by eyesight. Just switch to one of the 2-split views and start working you way until your camera view begins to look like the custom view. Use a very "flat" lens with a high focal length value like 500mm or more to keep spheric distortions to a minimum.

Mylenium