1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 10:56 AM by Mylenium

Deleting Motion Tracking points on a blue screen in AE7

Hey guys

Im just working on a project and iv been given some blue screen footage. In After Effect 7 i have keyed out the blue screen but am left with the tracking points which were originally one the blue screen behind the actors.
      Iv actually never worked with blue screen tracking points so was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to go about masking/removing them from the clip.
      The clip im editing is static so dont need to use the tracking points.
      There are 8 tracking points (white circle with black centers) and two of the are over lapped by a character sometime with in the clip...the thought was to rotoscope them as its only 4 seconds long but when i get given something in the future thats alot longer, it will take ages to do.

Thanx very much for your help in advance.
        • 1. Re: Deleting Motion Tracking points on a blue screen in AE7
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Well, for the future they simply should use the correct colors for the track markers. They should be either fully white, a lightened shade of the screen color (about 10% brighter) or red. Everything else is experimental and not particularly useful. Their positioning doesn't matter that much as long as you can make sure to have 5 of them in view all the time (if 3D matchmoving would be required, that is the minimum number for reconstructing a nodal pan), but of course an evenly spaced grid is perfect. For your current task indeed rotoing would be the quickest way to get rid of the nasties. If they had used the other colors, you could remove the markers by a pre-key color correction or channel operations that remove them from the actual screen color or blend it in.

Mylenium