10 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 1:54 AM by (dbz0927)

Only 4 Text presets

Level 1
      Hello there!! i don't have text presets on my CS3 trial version, actually i only have 4 of them is it normal for trial v?
        • 1. Re: Only 4 Text presets
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          No, not really. All presets should be included, even the ones for the CC effects (which don't come with the trial). What operating system are you on? What system language?

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Only 4 Text presets
            Level 1
            I use WinXP Pro SP2, English. do you know if it could be downloaded from Adobe.com? thanks Mylenium
            • 3. Re: Only 4 Text presets
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8
              Four is a suspicious number, because that is the number of Text _effects_ included with After Effects. Can you confirm that you're looking at the text _animation presets_ and see only four?
              • 4. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                A. Cobb Level 3
                Along the lines of what Todd is saying, if you are using the Effects and Presets palette to search for these effects (not the Effects menu -- presets don't show up there), make sure you have "Show animation presets" enabled in the panel's drop-down menu. You should see "*Animation Presets" listed at the very top. Open that up, and then open "Presets", and finally open "Text". You should see the presets listed there. Searching for "text" won't bring up many text presets, ironically. Most of them don't have "text" in their names, which is what the search actually operates on.
                • 5. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                  I'm not aware that the presets can be downloaded somewhere, but it should not be a problem to zip them up and provide them for download someplace if need be. I don't think anyone from Adobe would object.

Mylenium
                  • 6. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                    Level 1
                    Todd and Aaron.. please check the printscreen of what i have on my presets and effects

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aeas5.jpg

hope you can see the image.. and yes i have the option show all presets....thanks for the help..
                    • 7. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                      A. Cobb Level 3
                      Yeah, it looks like your presets are missing. The presets are the ones that show up under *Animation Presets. All the rest, including the four items listed under "Text" are effects.
                      • 8. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                        Level 1
                        what can i do? except for re-installing?? :o( can you zip yours and send them to me?? :o)
                        • 9. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                          Level 1
                          The first thing I'd do is open up a windows explorer window and look in the program files / AE folder for one named Presets.

If you find a bunch of sub folders like Backgrounds, Text, Transitions there then your settings in the effects and presets palette are messed up.

If you don't see a Presets folder or it is empty then I'd guess that the presets are not included with the trial version.

Another way to look for your presets is to use the menu. Go to Animation>Browse presets. Bridge should open showing you all the presets folders. If there are none there, then they are not included with the trial version. If they are there, enjoy....
                          • 10. Re: Only 4 Text presets
                            Level 1
                            thanks everybody for the posts, i managed to get the text effects now, what i did is i re installed AE7 and copy the Text presets to AECS3 folder, first i was doubting if there's a compatibility issue but all worked fine :D thanks again every one!!