2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2008 9:09 PM by Mylenium

Importing AE file into Premiere Pro

I am having trouble importing my After Effects .mov file into Premiere Pro. When I lay it in the time line, the images and text look all granulated. Does this have something to do with my render settings?
        • 1. Re: Importing AE file into Premiere Pro
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          More than likely. What's the resolution of your AE comp? What codec did you render to? Do the settings match your Premiere project?
          • 2. Re: Importing AE file into Premiere Pro
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            To elaborate on Andrew's post: Premiere will always assume all footages have the same specs as the project settings. For DV/ HDV projects this means it will think they are interlaced with lower fields. if you didn't render them with these settings, you will have to tell this Premiere by manually setting the footage interpretation just as you would in AE. Also check your viewer settings. Maybe they are just set to draft quality or auto-adjust themselves because you scaled them oddly and thus the clips are presented at crooked scaling rates. Another potential cause for this could be a problem with your graphics card, so if you cannot resolve the matter by the other methods, disable hardware accelerated playback in the viewer's options (the little arrow in the top right corner).

Mylenium