4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2008 7:52 AM by (dbz0927)

fog

Mariska Kret
      Dear Adobe member,

I would like to know how I can make a 2-3 second video from a picture of a bodily sports figure that seems to appear out of the fog.

So, first you see nothing, just fog, and then the picture of the sportsman becomes clearer and clearer until the fog totally disappears.

I think I need two layers, one with the picture (easy), one with the fog (no idea how to do this, a morph between white and transparant? How?).

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
      Mariska
        • 1. Re: fog
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          For this kind of effect you do not need any special features like morphing. Simply create a white solid on top of your sports person and animate the opacity. For a more convincing look you may wish to use a blendmode like Screen. If the fog needs to have structure, experiment with the Fractal Noise effect and the Ramp effect.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: fog
            Level 1
            Mariska_Kret@adobeforums.com wrote:
            > Dear Adobe member,
            >
            > I would like to know how I can make a 2-3 second video from a picture of a bodily sports figure that seems to appear out of the fog.
            >
            > So, first you see nothing, just fog, and then the picture of the sportsman becomes clearer and clearer until the fog totally disappears.
            >
            > I think I need two layers, one with the picture (easy), one with the fog (no idea how to do this, a morph between white and transparant? How?).
            >
            > Any help is appreciated!
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Mariska

A site called detonationsfilms.com has stock footage of lots of
            explosions and stuff, but they also have a disk devoted to smoke. Some
            of their wispy smoke effects will work quite nice as fog with some blur
            added on. They have many free samples.
            • 3. Re: fog
              Ko Maruyama User Group Manager
              You may also want to use a transition effect like a gradient wipe, so different parts of the revealed layer come out at different times.

You say "morph", but you probably mean "transition" or "cross dissolve".

Gradient wipe is like an opacity shift, but uses the luminance values of another layer (it could be your smoke layer) to define which parts are visible first.
              • 4. Re: fog
                Level 1
                Try www.videocopilot.net