3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2008 10:18 PM by Mylenium

Exporting mp4 adds white frame to the end

Every time I export an mp4 I'm getting an added white frame at the very end of the video. I'm using the render queue and exporting with the windows media setting in the adobe media exporter. I've tried shortening my comp but that doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

thanks
        • 1. Re: Exporting mp4 adds white frame to the end
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          White flashes usually point to non-closed GOPs, which should not happen. Does it also occur with H.264 or Quicktime MPEG4? You could always calculate the absolute number of frames to get an even number of GOPs based on the GOP length (which is 15 frames by default, if I recall correctly)... Still, should not be necessary.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Exporting mp4 adds white frame to the end
            Level 1
            Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for responding. I'm using the standard H.264 export settings from AE. It doesn't occur when using QTs Mp4 settings but the quality that I'm getting from that is pretty bad which is why I started using the H.264 exporter in AE. The other thing I liked about it was the file size to quality ratio. I also don't think the mp4s will stream in flash, which is what the final goal is with the files. I have tried changing the settings so that my duration is an even time like 23:00 seconds.

I see this issue in various places on the internet and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Thanks again.
            • 3. Re: Exporting mp4 adds white frame to the end
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Mmh, have you tried to "fix" the streams by running it thru SUPER© or any other MPEG tool of your choice? Maybe it's really just a misaligned stream on the file structure level. I know, it still kinda sucks...

Mylenium