1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2008 5:27 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

Idea wanted - animated 24hr clock graphic

shooternz Level 6
      I need to make an animated 24 hr clock graphic to superimpose over a scene.

I am thinking a round dial with 24 divisions on the edge and I was going to animate a semi opague/semi transparent face into it that would clockwipe up to the 17 hrs mark. ie the centre of the dial is the pivot/axis for the "clockwipe"

Need help with animating the face clockwipe if someone could just point me in the right direction.

Thanx
        • 1. Re: Idea wanted - animated 24hr clock graphic
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
          I'm having no success imagining what you see in your head but I'd suggest you consider the problems your viewers will have trying to understand your paradigm. People understand 12-hour analog clocks and they understand calendars. A 24-hour circular clock may distract from your storyline.

If you create the clockwipe between a black layer and a white layer and precomp it, you can use this as a track matte for any other composition.

You can also search the online help system for AE for "radial."

What I think you think you are trying to think up is not difficult but it requires thinking in terms of at least two nested compositions..

bogiesan