6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2016 12:02 PM by Roei Tzoref

Undoing Easy Ease

Doyle Lonnigan Level 1
      So, I have a keyframe for which I appled the "Easy Ease" keyframe assistant. Now when I add a new keyframe to the timeline for that layer it automatically creates the little hourglass "Easy Ease" keyframe marker. Can I still insert normal keyframes? Is there a way to undo these keyframe assistants once done?

Thanks for any help. I'd appreciate it.
        • 1. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          There are lots of ways to change a keyframe's interpolation. Read more here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7d8c. html
          • 2. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
            Doyle Lonnigan Level 1
            Thanks for that, but what I really want to know is if there's an easy way to undo these interpolation options once applied.

For example, let's say I scale a box from 10% to 50% between two keyframes - the scaling values increase linearly. Now I apply the "Easy ease" keyframe assistant and adjust things using the graph editor - the value changes at different speeds over time. Later, I reopen the file and decide that I want to get rid of the keyframe assistant and the graph edits, having the keyframe revert to the behavior it exhibited when I first placed it. Is there a way to do this easily? Is there a button or option that will simply turn that little hourglass keyframe back into a diamond and let me start over?
            • 3. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
              Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
              It's all in the link. To revert back to linear interpolation (which is the initial default) ctrl/cmd click on the keyframe(s) until they turn into little diamonds.
              • 4. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
                Doyle Lonnigan Level 1
                Exactly what I needed. Sorry if I missed that in the link you sent, but I did glean a few other tips from it and it was very useful. Thanks for your time, Andrew. Most appreciated.
                • 5. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
                  anshumanc15523925

Anyone searching for this question in google land on this page, as this is the first result of query like "how to revert easy ease after effect" etc.

But myself not got answer from selected right answer and searched more. Maybe that answer is right and its possible that I'm not that much qualified in after effect to understand them, but for me this works;

Just select the keyframe(s) in TL and right click > Keyframe Interpolation > Temporal Interpolation and select Liner from drop-down. That's it.

When new in any software, I have a tendency to forget shortcuts/tips/tricks(My self searched twice for this and landed on same page), So this answer will help me also.

• 6. Re: Undoing Easy Ease
                    Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
                    how to revert easy ease after effect" - Just select the keyframe(s) in TL and right click > Keyframe Interpolation > Temporal Interpolation and select Liner from drop-down. That's it.

you can hold Cmd/Ctrl and click on the keyframe to revert it to linear - it's the fastest way to do this.

here's the current page describing interpolation options: Keyframe interpolation in After Effects