17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2008 1:51 PM by (raymond_setzer)

Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?

In my job I'm creating Video clips for Weddings and for the introductive titles ( The day... in the curch of... the families...) I'm using After Effects to create motion titles with a blured motioned background.

However After Effects is to heavy for my computer and since "Motion titles developing" is the only thing I'm Interested I would like to know if there is some other programm less complex for this specific job.

Thank you
      • 2. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
        Level 1
        Does your editing software not have some basic titling functionality?
        • 3. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
          Alsodepends on your budget and your operating system.

see versiontracker.com and search for "video titler" and "motion graphics"

bogiesan
          • 4. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
            Level 1
            Emm... arent all these programm at versiontracker... too freewere (simple)?
            • 5. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
              Ko Maruyama User Group Manager
              Depends on what your definition of complexity is.

Don't forget that there are several text presets in After Effects that you can use on any text layer. You can modify any of these after they're applied to match what you need to create.

It's a great way to learn some special tricks within the text tool functionality.
              • 7. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                I think George is mostly looking for a way that is less breaking his workflow plus provides an easier, interactive way to adjust parameters. Indeed Motion and LiveType would be a good alternative in this case. You could have your background as one clip in FCP and the text on another an it would all happen in realtime with full editability... Admittedly you cannot get this kind of simplified workflow with any Adobe product at this point.

Mylenium
                • 8. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                  Level 1
                  I found a programm called TITLE BUNDLE from Wildform

http://www.wildform.com/products/wildfx/

Has anyone used that? Is it good?
                  • 9. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                    george33387@adobeforums.com wrote:
                    > In my job I'm creating Video clips for Weddings and for the introductive titles ( The day... in the curch of... the families...) I'm using After Effects to create motion titles with a blured motioned background.
                    >
                    > However After Effects is to heavy for my computer and since "Motion titles developing" is the only thing I'm Interested I would like to know if there is some other programm less complex for this specific job.
                    >
                    > Thank you

There is a nice program called Heroglyph from Prodad that main reason
                    for living is to do a fairly wide range of animated text effects. There
                    is a good range of preset effects for in and out animation on text, all
                    can be tweaked extensively. You can of course, build your own from
                    scratch as well.
                    • 10. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                      Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                      Just to clarify, please provide your hardware specs: OS, RAM. CPU etc.
                      • 11. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                        Level 1
                        Windows XP

Intel quad core 2,4 (Q6600)
                        4GB RAM

But this does not matter is it?
                        • 12. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                          Well, as all the suggestions so far are Apple-based, it matters quite a lot!

The specs of your hardware are perfectly respectable for running AE. Perhaps if you posted a detailed description of the problems you've experienced, and what your requirements are, you'll get more practical responses.
                          • 13. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                            With Apple. Use motion form the final cut studio. It's after effects on steroids and faster on performance and presets.

Adobe had to step up their game when they saw how many animation etc... presets motion had. Title design can also easily be done AE by the text animation presets on the right hand tab. Easy text in and out animations. No time wasting keyframing. Just select the text layer and double click the preset, easy done.
                            • 16. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                              Level 1
                              Motion is After Effects on steroids? I love the particle systems and integration, but there is a lot to be desired.
                              • 17. Re: Any programm less complex than After Effects just for "motion title design"?
                                Level 1
                                Steven_Mullins@adobeforums.com wrote:
                                > Motion is After Effects on steroids? I love the particle systems and integration, but there is a lot to be desired.

Thats the thing about presets innit? They are presets and when every one
                                uses them, your product ends up looking like everyone else's.