4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 10:00 PM by Mylenium

Siggraph 2008

David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
      Just wondering if anyone was going to Siggraph 2008 (in Los Angeles)? Thought it'd be nice to get together and have a beer.

I'm planning on going to the Softimage XSI Production Challenge II on Sunday (Aug 10) - Free, and you get to see how 4 experts work in completing a scene in 8 hours, start to finish. I thought it was a great event last year, well worth a seperate drive down to San Diego.

Then on Tuesday (8/12) I'm planning on attending Exhibit Hall, Softimage User Group Meeting/Party, and then hopefully kicking off my birthday (!!)at midnight!

Guess Adobe won't be there again (surprised that they weren't there last year as well, like in years past).. Oh well.. Guess CS4 isn't along far enough yet...

-Dave
        • 1. Re: Siggraph 2008
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Guess what you will... ;-) Would love to see this circus at least once in my life, but these days it's easier to travel to the moon than to the US and on such short notice this would certainly become an expensive trip, not only due to the rise in kerosene cost...

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Siggraph 2008
            David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
            Too bad Myl. Probably not worth the flight costs just for an exhibit pass.. :P

One of these years I'd love to visit Germany...
            • 3. Re: Siggraph 2008
              Ko Maruyama User Group Manager
              We'll have a Motion Graphics BOF (birds of a feather meeting) on Tuesday - 4-6PM upstairs from the exhibits hall.. I think it's room 512, but I'm not sure...

more later.

Ko
              • 4. Re: Siggraph 2008
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                I'm not too concerned about the flight cost, honestly, but to make it worthwile, I'd have to stay a few days/ weeks and do some traveling the country or visiting people elsewhere and then that becomes expensive and difficult to pull together in such short time. I'm not the kind of guy that will go through 3 days of jet lag for a short shopping weekend in New York, as some of my fellow Germans do... ;-) And admittedly, I don't even have a passport that would make homeland security happy... *giggle*

Mylenium