1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 3:15 PM by (Rick_Gerard)

AE keeps adding position movements between keyframes for no reason

AE keeps adding position movements between keyframes for no reason.

I have no idea why it chooses to do this and never have. But, how do I stop it.

I start my composition and have a layer that I just want to move around with the position options. I get it set, insert a key frame. Move the cursor ahead a few seconds, move the layer, set the next keyframe.

Now, upon playback AE used to just move from point A to point B. Except now between keyframes the position is moving all over, not wildly, but moving nonetheless in a ton of unspecified ways.

I have two keyframes with very basic information WHY IN THE WORLD IS AFTER EFFECTS ASSUMING I WANT SOMETHING TO HAPPEN INBETWEEN.
        • 1. Re: AE keeps adding position movements between keyframes for no reason
          Level 1
          The spatial interpretation is Bezier, you want linear. Bezier is the default.

This is easily seen in the composition window if you're viewing the path. You'll notice Bezier handles on the keyframes where the movement has gone all funky. Simply press and hold down the G key and you'll see a > replace the mouse pointer when you hover over these keyframes, click, and the handles go away.

This problem must be fixed in the comp window, not in the TLW because the handles you see there are temporal properties.

Another way to handle this is by selecting the keyframes that are causing problems and then right clicking and using Keyframe Interpolation to change the interpolation to linear.