11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 11:14 AM by hooflegs

Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial

I am unable to download the trial version of after effects CS3 (English, Windows). I have successfully downloaded Premiere Pro CS3 with any problems but I just cannot download After Effects.
      I will get a popup saying "Download integrity is invalid. Try to download a fresh copy of the URL. Would you like to start over?"
      I need to evaluate After Effects for my organisation asap.
      Please help me I have tried many times and searched everywhere for a solution but it was to no avail. Thanks in advance! :)
        • 1. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          I recommend you call support by phone. They will be able to generate a one-time download link from another location via the ESD system that may fix your issue. It's possible some tool is deep-scanning you package and using a different address may prevent that. In any case look into your network settings and/ or talk to your network admin. Also turn off any local security scan tools or configure them in a way that they never scan files that have not been downloaded completely. Some tools are very agressive and will kick in with every new download, hosing up the internal offset values of the file and damaging it beyond repair.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
            Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
            Otherwise, find a friend with an AE install disk - you can still install AE in trial mode from the disks.

Some cover disks on magazines also contain the AE installer, if you hunt around.
            • 3. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
              I've been having the same problem, I'm trying to talk our bosses into buying AE CS3 but I can't make a business case without the trial version. I've had the 'download integrity' message on all browsers, on both platforms. Pretty slack for someone like Adobe.
              • 4. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                >Pretty slack for someone like Adobe.

Umm, you're blaming the wrong ones, I'd say. Pretty slack of your network admin/ ISP [fill in more here] I'd say. Certainly somewhere packets get lost, headers/referers filtered or bytes converted due to improper server/ router/ firewall configuration on your end. Trust me, I'm downloading hunky packages from Adobe regularly from different locations and never had any problems even under the least ideal network conditions.

Mylenium
                • 5. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                  Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                  Yep, I've downloaded the CS3 trial several times and never had a problem. I suspect there is a network/ISP issue behind your lack of success.
                  • 6. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                    Level 1
                    Well if that's the case it only affects Adobe products using the DLM - I've had trials of the rest of the CS3 suite download perfectly if they don't need the java app. It would be nice of Adobe to present a non-download manager option for those of us with enough bandwidth to cope. I'm not a network expert and I know nothing about 'packets' or 'referers', all I know is, I'm the end user, I'm looking to buy, I'm frustrated, and I'm not the only one this is happening to.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                      In that case I can only repeat what I've said in my first post: contact phone support and have them generate a "straight" HTTP-only download sans DLM. Just to enlighten you:

"packet" - data packet/ snippet used to contain the actual data, in even multiples of 2 (64bytes/128 bytes up to several kilobytes)

"header" - wrapper information around the packets that determines where the packets go and how they are-reassembled upon arrival

"frame" - segment of sequential packets within the protocol stack used

"referer" - special header information determining which network gateway it passed last and where it originated from, is usually modified on the fly with each passage of a server/ router whatever

It's of course even more complicated in reality, but this should give you a rough picture of what's going on whenever you click a link. ;-)

Mylenium
                      • 9. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                        hooflegs

Amusing and predictable replies from 'fanboys' and those with no life who hang out on forums to abuse those with genuine problems with canned responses designed to show how superior they are and failing.

Given that the cost alone dictates that Adobe software is primarily a commercial tool, to insist on the use of a buggy piece of crap software to download it is unforgivable. Were I churning out software this unsuited to the purpose I'd be sacked. The problem is very much Adobe's end and nothing to do with any sensible company running a standard, secure internal network. If their insistance on using software that simply doesn't suit the prupose (ie work from many standard business network setups) is the direction they choose then they have some serious internal issues.

2010 now and still the problems exist...

• 10. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial

You really just came here to spit vitriol? How great of you! Don't you have any other hobbies?

Mylenium

• 11. Re: Unable to download After Effects CS3 trial
                            hooflegs Level 1

*sigh* not unexpected so my last post on the subject.

Oddly yes I do have other things to do - working, hence my post. Mine was a related rant about people who really do have nothing better to do after searching for a solution to a genuine and common problem. The posts above were for the most part anything but a solution or helpful. Point proven I think. Pots and kettles etc. Again your post was off subject with a failed holier than thou attitude.

Enough from me on the subject though as it's rapidly developing into childish insults. My point was made and the fact you are offended by it means that it probably achieved its goal. I'll leave you to your ramblings and insulting, unhelpful posts totally failing to resolve anyone's problems, instead praising Adobe at every opportunity. Now that really is an odd hobby to have.