3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2008 8:18 AM by (jeffrey_w_wright)

making swirly lines -adobe bridge-no good

How do you make those lines that are looking like they follow a path so that it seems like an animated paint brush or parade ribbon?

I did a tutorial from creative cow on ribbons but it's not what I"m looking for, I want some flowing, whirly lines for a background animation.

btw, why aren't previews of all the effects avalable in bridge; I need an effect guide.
      jeff
        • 1. Re: making swirly lines -adobe bridge-no good
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          An effect guide is included in the help or can be downloaded from the Adobe support center (it's even in color!). As for the other thing - there's a million ways of getting "growing vines" and lines of any sort, but you should not expect this to be anything quick or easy. Good pieces that use these techniques live by everything beiung painstakingly animated and timed and it's that meticulousness that makes the difference between cheese and elegant. If you search for "growing vines", "trails", "swirly lines" and similar keywords, you can find tons of stuff from tutorials to presets for plugins such as Particular, all of which are part of the game. I still consider Jayse Hansen's tutorial the ultimate reference on this, though. There is no single one stop solution and that's what you have to accept and take the time to really bite into this and learn all the techniques, eventually. At some point you may even wish to venture into the realm of 3D programs...

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: making swirly lines -adobe bridge-no good
            Level 1
            Mylenium@adobeforums.com wrote:
            > An effect guide is included in the help or can be downloaded from the Adobe support center (it's even in color!). As for the other thing - there's a million ways of getting "growing vines" and lines of any sort, but you should not expect this to be anything quick or easy. Good pieces that use these techniques live by everything beiung painstakingly animated and timed and it's that meticulousness that makes the difference between cheese and elegant. If you search for "growing vines", "trails", "swirly lines" and similar keywords, you can find tons of stuff from tutorials to presets for plugins such as Particular, all of which are part of the game. I still consider Jayse Hansen's tutorial the ultimate reference on this, though. There is no single one stop solution and that's what you have to accept and take the time to really bite into this and learn all the techniques, eventually. At some point you may even wish to venture into the realm of 3D programs...
            >
            > Mylenium

3D Stroke is quite good at this kind of thing.
            • 3. Re: making swirly lines -adobe bridge-no good
              Level 1
              Thank you! it's easier to find help when you know what to call the question; googleing vines returned many results. I also downloaded the effect guide from the site. It seems easier than the manual that came with the software.

Happy weekend!