9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 9:39 PM by Mylenium

After Effects won't open anymore. Please Help!!!

Well after I performed an adobe update and restarted, AE gave me so many errors and kept deciding to shut itself down with no warnings. I thought I would reinstall, after the reinstall it wont even open now, siteing the "sfntread library error (83::4)"  I look on the know issues page and perform what it told me to do: <br /><br />Navigate to the After Effects preferences file:<br />Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\After Effects\8.0<br />Windows Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\8.0 <br />Double-click on the AfterFX8.ini file to open it in Notepad. <br />In the [System DLL Fragmentation Workaround] section, change the Enable Workaround=1 value to Enable Workaround=0. <br />Choose File > Save. <br />Close Notepad. <br />Start After Effects. <br /><br />But it didn't work. I still get the same error and the application won't start. I am suppose to have a project done today. does anyone know why this is happening. Thanks in advanced!!