2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 10:01 PM by Mylenium

After Effects 6.5 & 7 crashes when I import audio...

hey guyz,
      help me...

i'm havin a prob.. When i import mp3/audio in after effects 6.5 & 7...d software crashes and the error msg is here :

" After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. See www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for known issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2). (0::42)"

plzzz reply & tell me solution
        • 1. Re: After Effects 6.5 & 7 crashes when I import audio...
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          Importing an mp3 shouldn't crash AE, which implies there's a problem somewhere, but the easy solution is to never use mp3 audio in AE, which is a good policy anyway.

Convert your mp3 files to an uncompressed audio format like WAV or AIFF before importing to AE.
          • 2. Re: After Effects 6.5 & 7 crashes when I import audio...
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            Most importantly: what is the source of the MP§ file and its internal structure? Is it copyrighted? Is it surround/ multichannel? Is it a captured web radio stream? Is it from an online store? Does it use variable bit rates? There's a number of things that could be the reason... That aside, Andrew is right: convert the file to a wave file e.g. using Winamp's disk writer module. Even if you could import the MP3 directly into AE, there's always the chance it may sound garbage, due to to way how AE handles such compressed audio, especially in versions prior to CS3.

Mylenium