3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 9:48 PM by Mylenium

AE How to Change the color of a movie clip?

I have a movie clip of a White Show Avalanche. How can I change the color from White to another earthly color. I would like to post 2 images, one still of the white avalanche and one still image of the color or look I am after. Can you post or attach images to this thread? If so how?

I am not just trying to change the Hue/Saturation.
        • 1. Re: AE How to Change the color of a movie clip?
          David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2
          Post image on free site, like flickr, and link to it:
          <.img .src=".http://.putlinkhere.".>.

Hope this posts... Remove all periods (.)
          • 2. Re: AE How to Change the color of a movie clip?
            Ko Maruyama User Group Manager
            David, did you know that there's a "putlinkhere.com"? navigate to it, and you'll see shine (or maybe just lightburst, but with shine's default colors. :)
            -------

Joseph,

As for white avalanche color correction, you won't be able to change white to a dark color by simply rotating the hue.

You can try some of the other color correction tools in AE.
            • 3. Re: AE How to Change the color of a movie clip?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              To elaborate on Ko's post: In RGB space, White is presented by full values of 1 (or 255, if you like that better) for Red, Green and Blue. Since there's no differential between the individual components, there's nothing to shift the Hue. Hence you will have to find alternate ways of recoloring your stuff.

A simplistic way would e.g. be using effects such as Tint, Tritone or Colorama based on the Luminance. A more elaborate way would be cutting up the whole thing in multiple pieces (debris, shadows, waves, edges) and color correct each part individually. In any case you will very likely have to work with multiple instances of your layer and apply some masking here and there.

Mylenium