4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 9:18 PM by (Ronaldo_Kaka)

Need help installing After Effects Trial

I installed a Trail for Adobe After effects but i cant get it to install the whole program, for some odd reason its only installing the 3rd Party shared components and it says An error has occurred during installation. Some one please tell me how to fix this.
        • 1. Re: Need help installing After Effects Trial
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          You have another CS3 app or Acrobat on your system , don't you? In that case you will have to get rid of it. Now, that you already have attempted an install and possibly made the situation even more complicated, I recommend you simply run the CS3 clean scripts from the support site and then install everything again. Just make sure to install AE first before potentially hosing up your attempt again by installing another program first.

Mylenium
          • 2. Re: Need help installing After Effects Trial
            Level 1
            I have uninstalled every adobe product from my system, and the cleanscript isn't working either. It just goes away after i tell it to uninstall Please help me i need to get After effects runing very quickly, i've contacted the support and they said that there is a bug in the Trail versions of every adobe software but they said that its not in the actual product. I dont belive them obivioulsy and i dont want to buy after effects and have the same problem with $990 program
            • 3. Re: Need help installing After Effects Trial
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
              Yes, the installer has a few bugs, especially in relation to AMD processors, but you should be able to get it running, regardless. Since, as you say, even the clean scripts don't work, I tend to think that your system suffers from a deeper problem. Do you have all the latest updates? Is your system otherwise handling all programs? In particular it would be important to have a functioning setup of Internet Explorer(which brings along the required MSI installer components for the most part).

Mylenium
              • 4. Re: Need help installing After Effects Trial
                Level 1
                My computer is brand new, im runing Vista 32 bit 2Gb 500 GB hard drive and all the other trials were working fine untill i uninstalled After effects and then Premier pro cs3 then after that when i tried reinstalling it, they didn't work none of them. Please this is crazy, should i do a recovery of my PC and then try installing them? i really dont want to do a recovery because i have alot of pictures on my PC. im a professonal photographer and also i work in video and i really dont want to loose all my saved files and pictures and other media that i have on my PC please if there is an alternative that would be much apreciated