3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2008 5:47 AM by (steven_houtzager)

FLV export out of AE CS3

Level 1
      I have read in past posts that you need Flash installed to be able to export flv out of AE CS3. Is that correct?

That could be the reason why I am getting corrupt exports of flv out of AE now because my Flash has expired. I have the option to save as a Sorenson squeeze.

Thanks.

SH
        • 1. Re: FLV export out of AE CS3
          Level 1
          Not for AE CS3, no. You can export to FLV without having Flash installed, if you use the Render Queue.

The command you find under File > Export IS added by Flash, though. It's a QuickTime component it installs so QT-aware apps (like AE and FCP) can export to FLV. But remember:

Don't use File > Export.
          Don't use File > Export.
          Don't use File > Export.

Always use the Render Queue.
          • 2. Re: FLV export out of AE CS3
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            Tim is right, there should be nothing that stops you from creatinbg FLVs even without Flash installed. If the files are corrupted somehow, it would more point to a configuration problem. this has been known to happen if you use the Quicktime FLV extension, but Tim also provided the right solution for that: Never use Export, but rather use the Render Queue with native FLV rendering. If FLV export is not listed on the RQ, you will have to re-install. In that case something is completely wrong.

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: FLV export out of AE CS3
              Level 1
              Thanks for the replies.

I bought Squeeze and I use it. It has more controls than AE. I was using the render que which gave me the corrupted .flv files.

SH