1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2008 10:25 AM by Mylenium

After Effects glow in Premiere Pro

Level 1
      A post from the Premiere Pro Section of the forum if any AE users can help me out:

Hey all, I'm new to using the Adobe family, and CS3. I have slapped together a short entry animation of some text in AE. I just used one of the preset animations (can't even remember which one...), and applied a glow on an adjustment layer.

I have imported the .aep file into Premiere Pro, and it works fine. I trimmed the length to something appropriate, copy and pasted my trimmed clip back into the timeline (inside Premiere Pro), then reversed the second clip (inside Premiere Pro) so I would get my text bouncing in, pausing for a little, then bounce out.

All well and good, however the glow effect doesn't seem to have rendered at all, ONLY on the reversed clip. When I do a playback in Premiere, it looks fine, just when rendering, I lose the glow.

I could of course render my comp in AE, and then reimport and reverse the resultant redered clip, but wanted to avoid that if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta,
      Dan
      After Effects CS3
      Premiere Pro CS3
      XP Pro
        • 1. Re: After Effects glow in Premiere Pro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Mmh, sounds odd. I'm a lamer when it comes to Premiere and Dynamic Link, but this sounds like it is not initializing it due either concurrent resource usage (Glow is a hardware accelerated AE effect) or a timecode mismatch that screws realtime ability. This would not apply to reversed footage as it forces automatically in software mode. I would, just to test, turn off OpenGL in AE's prefs and possibly even move the OpenGL plugin outside of the AE directory (it's in Support Files/Plug-ins/Extensions). Maybe that can prevent the issues when Premiere initialises the slave instance of AE...

Mylenium