8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2006 7:35 AM by abeall

codeview font goes wacky

abeall Level 3
      This is the first time I've ventured into the DW forum, so I apologize if this is a common question, but searching has turned up anything.

My codeview is fine. Usually. Sometimes, with *certain files*, it looks like this:
      http://abeall.com/files/temp/dw_codeview.wacky.gif

Stange thing is, if I copy and paste the entire code contents into a new fresh file, the new file's code view goes from the normal font into this strange unreadable font.

Any ideas? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: codeview font goes wacky
          Level 7
          On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 01:54:28 +0000 (UTC), "abeall"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>This is the first time I've ventured into the DW forum, so I apologize if this
          >is a common question, but searching has turned up anything.
          >
          > My codeview is fine. Usually. Sometimes, with *certain files*, it looks like
          >this:
          > http://abeall.com/files/temp/dw_codeview.wacky.gif
          >
          > Stange thing is, if I copy and paste the entire code contents into a new fresh
          >file, the new file's code view goes from the normal font into this strange
          >unreadable font.
          >
          > Any ideas? Thanks.

Have you tried repairing your font folder? Search for TweakUI or
          TweakXP.
          • 2. Re: codeview font goes wacky
            abeall Level 3
            Uck. I really doubt that's it, because normally the font shows up fine.

I determined that there is some lines that cause the problem, actually it's the lines in my screen capture. The original files must have been made with Microsoft Word(uck!) and the meta-tags are doing weird things to DW's codeview.
            • 3. Re: codeview font goes wacky
              DBGator
              Try going into the prefences area, then to the fonts section, then select the code fonts option. At that point you can select which font and size you want to use for displaying your code text.
              • 4. Re: codeview font goes wacky
                Level 7
                On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:42:22 +0000 (UTC), "abeall"

>Uck. I really doubt that's it, because normally the font shows up fine.
                >
                > I determined that there is some lines that cause the problem, actually it's
                >the lines in my screen capture. The original files must have been made with
                >Microsoft Word(uck!) and the meta-tags are doing weird things to DW's codeview.

Eeew, I did not pay attention to the code before. M$ code is ugly!
                • 5. Re: codeview font goes wacky
                  Level 7
                  Anyone play with your computers' font display settings, not the DW settings?

--
                  Nadia
                  Adobe® Community Expert : Dreamweaver
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  Tutorials |SEO |Templates
                  http://www.DreamweaverResources.com
                  http://www.csstemplates.com.au
                  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html
                  CSS Tutorials for Dreamweaver
                  "abeall" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:efu3te$fqq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Uck. I really doubt that's it, because normally the font shows up fine.
                  >
                  > I determined that there is some lines that cause the problem, actually
                  > it's
                  > the lines in my screen capture. The original files must have been made
                  > with
                  > Microsoft Word(uck!) and the meta-tags are doing weird things to DW's
                  > codeview.
                  >

• 6. Re: codeview font goes wacky
                    abeall Level 3
                    > Try going into the prefences area, then to the fonts section, then select the code
                    > fonts option. At that point you can select which font and size you want to use for
                    > displaying your code text.
                    No, like I said, it's a particular file that the code-view font is messed up with. All other files and new files show up correct. The preferences are fine.

> Eeew, I did not pay attention to the code before. M$ code is ugly!
                    Well, it took me awhile to even be able to read it! And you should see the rest of the code... yuck! Maybe Dreamweaver is just matching the font ;-) It is a bit ironic...

> Anyone play with your computers' font display settings, not the DW settings?
                    I'm the only one who uses the computer I experienced this one, and no, I haven't changed anything with the display settings. I'll test some other computers to see what happens.

The weird part is, like I said, it's the code in this particular file that *causes* DW to change the code-view font. If I have a normal file, and I paste this code in, the font changes.

It's seriously like DW recognizes MS generated code and gets upset. I *do* have to wonder if its a long forgotten programmers prank that's resurfacing!
                    • 7. Re: codeview font goes wacky
                      Level 7
                      On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:48:18 +0000 (UTC), "abeall"

> It's seriously like DW recognizes MS generated code and gets upset. I *do*
                      >have to wonder if its a long forgotten programmers prank that's resurfacing!

I think it's a great feature, it lets you know you have a bunch of
                      garbage code You don't want to use that code, do you?
                      • 8. Re: codeview font goes wacky
                        abeall Level 3
                        > You don't want to use that code, do you?
                        Oh, of course I don't want to! But, I have to... :-(