2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2008 1:57 PM by (Hector_Gil)

Adding Multiple Titles, Text

Hello all. I am very new to After effects, just couple of days old... I am trying to create my movie title, and pretty much already figured out how to create my first title. Now I am trying to create a movie title followed by another title but not sure how to link the two. I Know I can export both separate compositions and just add them to my imovie, but would prefer to just keep everything in one. So what I am trying to do is as follows:
      1. Create my first title ex. Plus Productions Presents
      2. Create my second title ex. DOwn Down

Now I want for my first title to disappear but keep the background together with the second title with no fading or interruptions. Not sure if I was able to explain myself, but if someone understands and can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
        • 1. Re: Adding Multiple Titles, Text
          Level 1
          Hector_Gil@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > Hello all. I am very new to After effects, just couple of days old... I am trying to create my movie title, and pretty much already figured out how to create my first title. Now I am trying to create a movie title followed by another title but not sure how to link the two. I Know I can export both separate compositions and just add them to my imovie, but would prefer to just keep everything in one. So what I am trying to do is as follows:
          > 1. Create my first title ex. Plus Productions Presents
          > 2. Create my second title ex. DOwn Down
          >
          > Now I want for my first title to disappear but keep the background together with the second title with no fading or interruptions. Not sure if I was able to explain myself, but if someone understands and can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sure. I'll take a crack at it. I think I understand what your wanting.

Create one Text Layer and put Plus Productions Presents on it.
          Create a second Text Layer and put Down Down on it.

Set the length of the first text layer so that the text will vanish at
          the point you want.

Slide the second text layer along the timeline so that the text appears
          when you want it to and set its length so that it will vanish when you
          want it to.

Preview the timeline and adjust as necessary to get the exact timing you
          want.
          • 2. Re: Adding Multiple Titles, Text
            Level 1
            Perfect... That worked. Thanks again