3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2008 9:16 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

Which plugins techniques can give nice trailing blur  effect

Level 1
      Hi,

I have a bluescreened person cut out who is running quickly but would is more or less static in the frame. I would like an effect or plugin to give a blur trail behind him?

Thanks for any advice.
        • 1. Re: Which plugins techniques can give nice trailing blur  effect
          (Steve_Patterson) Level 1
          Did you try "directional blur"?
          You may want to precompose your runner, animate their position, precompose again (moving all attributes), and then apply the "echo" effect. Then you can blur your echoed comp.
          • 2. Re: Which plugins techniques can give nice trailing blur  effect
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            You can use Timewarp or CC Force Motionblur to some extend, but the artificial MoBlur might still look a bit fake. The same applies to ReelSmart MotionBlur from RevisionFX, which is the best solution to the problem. It all hinges on the perspective and how it created (or not created) differences in the pixel area covered between frames. Indeed you may have better luck by using directional blur or radial blur selectively applied to masked duplicates of individual parts, where e.g. the joints of limbs would act as the center for the radial smudge. Even if it looks fake, it will do so in an artsy, exaggerated way which could also serve as a direction in which to develop the visual style... And it's of course going to be an awful lot of manual keyframing...

Mylenium
            • 3. Re: Which plugins techniques can give nice trailing blur  effect
              bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
              CC Time BlendFX is very cool but almost impossible to figure out how to make it work. I have to load up an ancient Final Effects training VHS tape (total training, Brian Maffit) every time I want to use it. Takes two copies of the effect, one to copy and the other to paste. But you have to copy from the second version and paste into the first.

bogiesan