2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2008 8:40 AM by (jeffrey_w_wright)

creating paper ribbons

Level 1
      I've tried to create an "animated ribbon" by using the creative cow tutorial but this is for AE 6.5

here's the link: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/chao_joe/ribbonsandconfetti.php

I can't get this to work, I'm running AE CS3, windows xp. I can get it to run along the path but that's it.

all I want is an animated "swoosh" so I can use it to reveal a logo, is there an easy way to do this?
      thanks
        • 1. Re: creating paper ribbons
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3
          You do not indicate that you own a copy of Particular.

There are a million ways to animate a swoosh. Which one we point you to or suggest depends on way too many factors.

You can start by telling us what this swoosh looks like in your head, how long it taes to do its job, and what other embelishments you are seeking.

bogiesan
          • 2. Re: creating paper ribbons
            Level 1
            Oops I wasn't aware of the particular effect. that's a plug-in I assume?

all i wanna do is take a rectangular solid and animate it along a curved path so it starts small in the background and swings in closer to the foreground.

I can get a rectangle along a path but it's still rigid after "orient along path". I want something that bends with the path...

thanks for your feedback