10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2008 1:36 AM by akribie

    After effects project for website

      I am new to creating websites and I wanted to add a small after effects video to my site, but am having issues coming up with the right settings so that is loads fast and looks good web. I have a comp that is 787x459. It is at 29.97fps which I am pretty sure where my problem is. I need a swf file for the site along with the script. What is the best way to export this 3 second project so it loads fast and looks good?

      Hopefully I supplies enough info, if not let me know what you need.

      Thanks
      -Scott
        • 1. Re: After effects project for website
          Level 1
          smicale@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > I am new to creating websites and I wanted to add a small after effects video to my site, but am having issues coming up with the right settings so that is loads fast and looks good web. I have a comp that is 787x459. It is at 29.97fps which I am pretty sure where my problem is. I need a swf file for the site along with the script. What is the best way to export this 3 second project so it loads fast and looks good?
          >
          > Hopefully I supplies enough info, if not let me know what you need.
          >
          > Thanks
          > -Scott

          Look into the help files on rendering your video as a flash (flv) video.
          Plenty of free players you can include in your web site avail. If you
          render a 320x240 15fps video, a three second video should be quite small
          and load and play with little delay on most any connection.
          • 2. Re: After effects project for website
            Level 1
            I don't want any controls to show up, so would I not want it to be a swf file?
            • 3. Re: After effects project for website
              Level 1
              smicale@adobeforums.com wrote:
              > I don't want any controls to show up, so would I not want it to be a swf file?

              Flash players are usually able to be configured to auto play and show no
              controls.
              • 4. Re: After effects project for website
                Level 1
                I was told to do it thise way in another forum.

                "You're best bet is to spit out an Animation file, which if you just hit cmd+M to make movie and go with the default settings of "best" render settings and "lossless" output, you'll be fine.

                Then you need to take that file into a flash encoder (Sorensen Squeeze, VisualHub, Adobe Media Encoder, etc) and spit out the .FLV file at a 15fps (because your original is 30... if 24, then I'd say 12) then take Justin's advice of embedding a player."

                How do I know if i have Adobe Media Encoder? I have the Master Collection.
                • 5. Re: After effects project for website
                  Level 1
                  smicale@adobeforums.com wrote:
                  > I was told to do it thise way in another forum.
                  >
                  > "You're best bet is to spit out an Animation file, which if you just hit cmd+M to make movie and go with the default settings of "best" render settings and "lossless" output, you'll be fine.
                  >
                  > Then you need to take that file into a flash encoder (Sorensen Squeeze, VisualHub, Adobe Media Encoder, etc) and spit out the .FLV file at a 15fps (because your original is 30... if 24, then I'd say 12) then take Justin's advice of embedding a player."
                  >
                  > How do I know if i have Adobe Media Encoder? I have the Master Collection.

                  Adobe CS3 can encode directly to a flash video. Check the help file for
                  the step by step directions.
                  • 6. Re: After effects project for website
                    Level 1
                    Yes I got everything how I want it now, but I can't figure out how to make it so the controls are invisible. Any ideas?
                    • 7. Re: After effects project for website
                      akribie Level 2
                      The HTML code snippet to include an SWF FLV player in a web page should contain the necessary boolean statement for controls visible or not.

                      If you have Dreamweaver this code will be written for you if you use the Insert menu to generate an FLV player, but will need tweaking in code view to get at all the options.
                      • 8. Re: After effects project for website
                        Level 1
                        I think this is the code you are speaking of. Is there something in the code that I can edit to remove the player controls?








                        • 9. Re: After effects project for website
                          Level 1
                          Hmm just noticed it did not add my html code. How can I display my code so you can see it?
                          • 10. Re: After effects project for website
                            akribie Level 2
                            Cut and paste as text.

                            When you opt to insert an FLV in Dreamwaver, one of the options is choice of player skin, another is to autoplay, another to auto rewind.

                            In your case you don't want a player skin, but there is no option of 'none'.

                            So choose any skin, autoplay and auto rewind. Then, in the resulting code, edit the player skin to be an empty string.