1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2008 2:12 AM by Mylenium

Imported Illustrator graphics messed up

After I moved my project from a PC (Vista) to Mac (OS X), my imported Illustrator vectors have been re-positioned within the layers (or pre-generated masks/boxes). The Illustrator graphics was imported from layers with Footage Dimension: Layer Size. I also have another composition with Footage Dimension: Document Size, but it looks fine.

If I Reload Footage nothing happens. If I Replace Footage the positioning gets corrected.

Any idea what might cause this to happen? This is a pretty important school project, and I'm afraid of getting it messed up again right before deadline.

i PS. The importing of Illustrator graphics was initially done on a Mac. The project was moved from OS X to Vista and everything looked fine. The problem occurred when moving from Vista back to OS X.
        • 1. Re: Imported Illustrator graphics messed up
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          Well, you're not gonna like what I'm about to say, but for the most part there is simply nothing you can do about it. Illustrator import always has been and still is twitchy. The issue you are experiencing should finally be fixed in CS4, but since it hasn't hit the streets yet and your school may not upgrade in a while, this won't help you, therefore it is advisable to limit your work to one platform, if it involves vector art. Also think about, whether you actually need the vectors to remain vectors. I'm reasonably sure that some of your stuff could be done just as well with a rasterized PSD version, with the added benefit of better rendering performance and interaction.

Mylenium