5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 10:55 AM by (Peter_Blaise_Monahon)

TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error

With version 4.4.0 (6430KB) of the DNG converter there's now an error message under Windows 2000 (the claim is that this operating system is still supported):

"The procedure entry point TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Since that call seems to be XP and Vista specific, has support for Windows 2000 been removed? Version 4.3.1 (8738KB) did not have this problem.

Mike
        • 1. Re: TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error
          Thomas Knoll Level 2
          We no longer support Windows 2000.
          • 2. Re: TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error
            Level 1
            Could you see that the appropriate updates are made to the release notes and the download page then? According to http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3894,

"System requirements

For the DNG Converter:
            Microsoft® Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3, Windows XP, or Windows Vista®"

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error
              Where can we download archive versions of DNG so we can use DNG on pre-XP Windows systems?

http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/
              • 4. Re: TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error
                PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional
                On the FTP server: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/ ...
                • 5. Re: TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime  error
                  Level 1
                  For our records and look up resources, here's Adobe DNG Converter.exe response trying to start in WinME (from DNG_Camera_Raw_4_5.zip):

[Error Starting Program]
                  The ADOBE DNG CONVERTER.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetFileSizeEx.

Thanks for the ftp site - I'll keep downloading old ones until I get no error message, then hope my camera files are included in that old version.

The date in the filename would have helped in the ftp archive library! Is there an inventory checklist/spreadsheet that says what cameras and features and benefits come and go with each version?

Also, when will anyone delivering their own product actually deliver THEIR OWN product? That is, self-contained and fully functional? Why would ANY Adobe product DEPEND on Microsoft acting predictably underneath it? Sounds like a plan for failure to depend on the enemy/competition for one's success. My 2 cents. I know, I know, carp, carp.

Also, when using Adobe Spell Check in this web post (thank you for offering it!), the following words were NOT recognized:

DNG
                  Converter.exe
                  WinME
                  GetFileSizeEx.
                  ftp
                  downloading
                  filename

Ya'd think SOME of those Adobe words we be pre-populated in Adobe's own spell checker, eh? Yeah, I know, this is not the forum for such observations, but ...

Hey, thanks for DNG anyway, really. I have alternatives for opening my orphaned Raw files, but it's nice to know I can also convert them to "universal" Raw, sort of. Now, to make DNG TRULY all flavors, why not make it work anywhere, everywhere, all the time, and quit complaining that Adobe cannot support DNG in some environments?

Thanks.