3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 6:06 AM by MadManChan2000

Returning to older settings

If i make changes to a dng file in ACR and then later start all over again and choose AUTO to go back to a good starting place, i lose my previous settings. How can i keep them? Dng doesnt seem to generate a sidecar ot imbed the old settings.
        • 1. Re: Returning to older settings
          MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
          For now, you can make the DNG read-only in the operating system, which will force the generation of sidecars. Then you can archive the sidecars.

A more elegant solution is coming.
          • 2. Re: Returning to older settings
            m_p_bailey
            When I've tried making DNG files read-only in the past the metadata has not all ended up in the sidecar. I also had a ".BridgeLabelsAndRatings" file created in the directory that held label and rating information that didn't seem to be replicated into the sidecar.

I also had some issues with portrait-orientation images. When I applied a rating or label the fact that the image should be rotated to portrait seemed to get lost.

This is with Bridge CS3.
            • 3. Re: Returning to older settings
              MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
              mpbailey, I hear you but unfortunately there's not nearly enough information in your post for us to investigate this. You'll have to post a raw file and a description of exactly what's not being saved in there for us to understand what the problem is, assuming there is one.