3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 6:47 AM by MadManChan2000

DNG Profile Edito ERROR on selecting color chart

fware_de
      Hi,

when I select a photo of the color checker card (DNG from Sinar e65 back) and want to create the color tables I get an error message

"
      Runtime Error(PE_ASSERT)

A fatal runtime error....

Description: invalid hue
      Source filename: pe_recipe.cpp
      Source line: 2734
      "

The Profile Editor quits after that.

Any idea ?
      Bug ?
        • 1. Re: DNG Profile Edito ERROR on selecting color chart
          MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
          Sounds like a bug to me, Peter. Is this repeatable? i.e., does it happen with this DNG file every time you try? If so, please post the DNG (you can use YouSendIt; my email is madmanchan2000@yahoo.com) and I'll take a look.
          • 2. Re: DNG Profile Edito ERROR on selecting color chart
            fware_de Level 1
            Hi Eric,

a wonder, mirical or what ?
            Now it works.

I have created a simple profile without the color checker card. Now when I load the DNG the Profile Editor uses that profile and I have no problem anymore working witht he photo of the color checker card.

I assume, as the "Sinar Hy6 65" is unknown to Adobe by now that you must have known profile as base to be able to use the automated tools for colors.

May be a matter for the doucmentation.
            • 3. Re: DNG Profile Edito ERROR on selecting color chart
              MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
              Hi Peter, your original post referred to a place in the source code and was helpful to me in figuring out what might be going here. It looks like an edge (i.e., rare) case in the hue computation math. This is consistent with your experience, in that most of the time the Chart Wizard will work fine, but once in a while you'll hit upon this bug. (You got unlucky the first time!)

I've filed this internally as a bug and will follow up on it.