11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 6:01 PM by MadManChan2000

dng 5dmkII color shift

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this forum, so I apologize if my question is quite obvious.

I recently installed Adobe DNG convertor 5.2 in order to convert my Canon 5D MKII RAW files to DNG to edit in CS3. I am on a Mac OSX v. 10.4.11.

The convertor works fine, but there is a large color shift (so far very blue or magenta) in the image after it has been converted to DNG. The shift appears when I open the files in Photoshop and when I open them side by side with RAWS and Jpegs (which look normal) in Photo Mechanic (which i generally use to organize and make file selections.)

Also, I installed the Camera Raw 4.2 plug-in. On its download page, Adobe tells you to install it here:
      Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats

but I found my Plug-Ins folder here:

Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins/File Formats

does this make any difference and would that have anything to do with the color shift?

In addition, I have my camera set for sRGB, but when I open the DNG's in Photoshop it tells me that it's in AdobeRGB1998 and asks if I want to convert to sRGB. Could this be the problem?

Thank you for your time, I'd really appreciate any input you might have. Thanks again!